Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Power2g
Regular MemberPosts: 108Gear list
Like?
Refurbished D800 or New D610
8 months ago

I'm at a crossroads. I love both the D610 and D800 for different reasons. I'm going to pick one up this week. I have owned the D800 and D600 as an early adopter but both displayed issues that I didn't want to handle at the time so I returned them. Now that the D610 fixed the oil splatter issue and not many are complaining about focus issues on the D800 (yes, I had 5 with focus issues in 2011), I'm ready to add one of these bodies to compliment my D3S.

I can pick up a refurbished D800 for 2399 with a 1 year warranty from an authorized nikon reseller or get a new D610 for 2000. I'm just a bit confused as to which one to purchase especially since I know neither of these cameras will be updated in the next 12-18 months.

If you were to choose which body would you pick to compliment the D3S? (BTW, I have pretty good glass, no consumer lens except for the 70-300 VR when I don't want to take the 70-200 f/2.8 out). Your recommendations are needed.

Thanks,

Curt

Keep the art of photography alive

Power2g's gear list:Power2g's gear list
Nikon D800
ANSWER:
Nikon D3S Nikon D600 Nikon D610 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow