Do You Use the Neck Strap?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron801
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
A shoulder strap... usually.
In reply to IGotShot, 8 months ago

For a few years I mostly used a digital point and shoot type camera and for that the little case that I had that was on a shoulder strap was OK and when I actually pulled out the camera it was on a wrist strap. 
With my 35mmm cameras and now with my GH2 I like a shoulder strap. What's odd is the strap that I was using with my old 35mmm Nikon (an FE, great camera!) and another strap that I found lying around is that they're both wide shoulder-style straps but yet both aren't long enough even at the maximum extension to be used as such. With both of these they're just too short... and I'm a relatively short guy too. I ended up getting a short extension piece for each... really a section of thin, cheap neck strap stuff to extend the thing long enough to be a shoulder strap proper. Seems silly that they make these things so short and if I wasn't so cheap, I'd shop for a longer one... I like to use what I've got though and that seems to be working well enough. I gotta adjust the thing to just the right length though, too short and it gets in my way when I pick up the camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow