Canon 5D Mark III vs Nikon D610 help!!!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
aftab
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,042Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 5D Mark III vs Nikon D610 help!!!
In reply to Press Correspondent, 9 months ago

Press Correspondent wrote:

aftab wrote:

PSKR wrote:

Now i have finalized two camera + lens combinations:

Nikon D610 + Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm F/2.8G ED

Canon 5D Mark III + EF 24-105mm F4L IS USM

If you are strictly talking about this combinations then Nikon combo probably would produce slightly sharper images with slightly more resolution in most situations.

What you actually mean is that Nikkor 24-70 is sharper than Canon 24-105, except for low light handheld where IS rules. However, 5D3 has a better AF precision and consistency that may often prove to outweigh the difference in optics. In addition, 5D3 allows focusing off center with cross points that is most important for FF photography with shallow DOF without recomposing.

Out of the OP choices Nikon wins because of the lens. While 5D3 is a better body, it is mostly wasted with the mediocre 24-105. Not the best choices.

I agree.

If it was me I would go for Sigma 24-105/f4 OS with 5DIII. This combination scores 18 Mpix in DXO while D600+Nikon 24-70 scores 15 Mpix. This is in addition to all the advantages you have mentioned for 5DIII and Canon 24-105.

-- hide signature --

Life is short.
Travel with passion.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catch45/

aftab's gear list:aftab's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 Canon EOS 7D Mark II +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow