Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
453C
Senior MemberPosts: 4,622Gear list
Like?
Re: Robin Wong - Olympus 25mm 1.8 review, part 1
In reply to amtberg, 9 months ago

amtberg wrote:

Acrill wrote:

So use your eyes and look at the pictures.

If there is nothing wrong with the pictures then there is nothing wrong with the lens. Lenses are tools for creating pictures.

A good photographer (and Robin Wong is one) can make any lens look good. Has he ever given an Olympus product a less than positive review?

Good point. I don't follow Robin, so I couldn't say. As always, my advice would be to compare reviews from multiple sources to gain a fuller understanding of the item.

My concern would be more about post-processing shenanigans, if I had reason to believe a reviewer wasn't truthful. Subtle work could improve or degrade an image sufficiently to support a reviewer's bias. I have no reason to believe that about Robin, but the opportunity is there for anyone to exploit. If Robin was consistently posting reviews that boosted Olympus gear and trashed other makes, I'd be concerned. If his supporting data consistently varied from other sources, I wouldn't return to his site.

453C's gear list:453C's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow