F31fd: Is this still the magical camera? Locked

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
This thread is locked.
DS21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,625Gear list
Re: F31fd: Is this still the magical camera?
In reply to Charles Laigo, 7 months ago

Charles Laigo wrote:

I never thought I'd see the day when sanity and practicality would return to the Fuji Forum. I stayed away for a long time as I was put off by the legions of fanboys who would scream "blasphemer!" and bring out the pitchforks whenever someone said something less than flattering about the F31fd. Glad to see that those fanboys have finally gone the way of the dodo.

It's obvious you just dropped from the left field and have no idea what is happening in this forum. The old fanboys, as you call them, are replaced with the new fans, who are pretty much equally crusading against any detractors of the present day Fuji cameras. The only difference is there is less of them, because the F31 was an exceptional camera in its time compared to the others of its time, and today's Fuji compacts (and bridges) are barely average. The fanboys you are referring to switched to other brands that offered something new while Fuji was sleepwalking (LX-3, S90, EX-1, etc), and later to other 4/3 and mirrorless camera formats. Sanity and practicality had nothing to do with this.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow