Looking for opinions from those who have upgraded from D300/s to D600/610

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
SethG
Contributing MemberPosts: 879
Like?
Re: Looking for opinions from those who have upgraded from D300/s to D600/610
In reply to NikonMike, 7 months ago

NikonMike wrote:

Seth, I have a few lenses that would work on FX already, the 80-200 f2.8, 35mm f2.0, and 50mm 1.8d. If I got a full frame camera I would likely buy the 16-35 f4.0 and 24-120 (or just use the 50mm to cover the midrange and see how that works out). I may even get the 70-200 f4.0 someday. I agree that I would rather shoot with the 24-120 vs. lugging the 24-70 around.

-- hide signature --

Mike

That's good that you've got the glass. Most of my older lenses (besides a few of the primes) were DX or lower quality. Before buying the 70-200, I'd suggest looking at the Sigma f/2.8. It's cheaper & faster than the Nikkor f/4.0 and probably a better lens.

Also take a look at the 85mm f/1.8. It's not cheap enough to be a a "cheap" lens, but it's still VERY Good for the price!

I've been happy with my D600 (got it a year ago). I got tired of waiting for the D400 to arrive. In hindsight, I probably should have gotten the D800, but I have no REAL complaints.

-- hide signature --

- Seth -

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow