Should I go RAW only?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Michel J
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,009Gear list
Like?
Re: What?
In reply to Charles2, 10 months ago

Charles2 wrote:

knickerhawk wrote: I have an Oly EPL1 and an Oly EM5. I don't use Olympus Viewer much, but I've used it more than enough to determine that there is no difference in its output compared to straight OOC jpegs (assuming similar settings applied).

Oh, one must find similar settings ( ). I have not found a menu option on the raw developers from camera firms that simply reproduces the settings of the camera JPG. Yes, with experience you learn to develop a raw better than the camera JPG 90+ percent of the time. It is those last few exceptions when you wish you had such a menu option.

yes but at the same time, you will realise that your flexibility in raw is very thin if you don't want to lose in DR & IQ. So what?

-- hide signature --

Cordialement,
Michel J
« Having the latest gear is nice, but great photographers don't have to have it. They can shoot good stuff with anything »

Michel J's gear list:Michel J's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LazyNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow