We know 8fps is great, but lets see some images where fps did not matter

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Devendra
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,572Gear list
Like?
finally..
In reply to n057, 6 months ago

good to see some shots from you instead of just talks. It is a welcome improvement and a break. I certainly like how panning is happening in your shots giving a strong sense of motion and a sharp shot.

Thanks for playing along and hope to see more. I would rather admire images here. I know its a gear forum, but  nothing beats watching great images from other forum members.

PS: you can ignore my other post against you.

n057 wrote:

Devendra wrote:

Our jfriend, who is highly skilled, has shown some valid shots where 8fps can be helpful in sports. Most of us do not shoot sports, but do plenty of actions. No one is denying the validity of those images or how much fun 8fps is to get focused shots, but whenever we are responding with alternatives, or subsequent arguments, we are seeing strong authoritative (non-jfriend) replies that try to put us down. I was even surprised to see a threatening PM.

Here are a few of those non FPS shots.

An antique car race at the Mont-Tremblant circuit. Every shot during the race was hopelessly blurred. Static shots are okay, so I figured my best bet was to wait for the cars as they were exiting the circuit.

Later I tried my hand at something different, a Triathlon in Saint-Lambert.

At least you get a sense of speed here because I was panning. But at 3 FPS, with a 3 shot buffer, I quickly got the urge to upgrade. The exif tells it all.

JC

Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

Devendra's gear list:Devendra's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha NEX-3N
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow