Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Kevin Omura
Senior MemberPosts: 1,614Gear list
Like?
Re: Which would you choose? V1 @ $200 or V2 @ $500
In reply to Pootle2, 5 months ago

Pootle2 wrote:

As the subject says...

Both cameras brand new, both including the 10-30 kit lens (can get the V1 with the 10mm kit for $250). I originally wanted the V2 for the flash, grip, and general ergonomics - but at that price difference I'm not sure anymore.

If it makes any difference I usually shoot in shutter priority (to get the blur or isolation I want), adjusting ISO as needed with the aperture wide open (yes I meant shutter priority - things like if I wanted a hummingbird's wings frozen or blurred).

Your opinions are appreciated.

For you US folks - Nikon canada is listing the V2 @ $499, with today's exchange rate would make it about $450 USD - no clue why US pricing is still so high.

I own both, I prefer the V2 because of the better dial placement and the grip. But if it boils down to finances then the V1 kit plus the 30-110 is going to come in $150 to $200 cheaper.

Also Henry's will online price match, they did with my V2 just after Christmas when Future Shop blew out V2's for $449 on an online sale. The real bonus was that I had a $20 Henry's gift card as well so that made the deal even better.

I don't think I would wait too long, what with the loonie dropping lately since that means we will see price increases as new stock enters the channel.

Kevin Omura's gear list:Kevin Omura's gear list
Canon EOS D60 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G2 Canon PowerShot G6 +46 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
V2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow