Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
terribird
Regular MemberPosts: 293Gear list
Like?
Which lenses for Puerto Rico vacation
10 months ago

Can't decide which lenses to bring to Puerto Rico for a 2 week vacation.  I would like to travel fairly light, if possible.  We will be traveling around the entire island by rental car.  We will visit  San Juan for 4 days, El Yunque rainforest, Ponce, Rincon,  and the out islands of Culebra & Vieques.

I have the D300 and plan to bring the Nikon 16-85, 12-24, 35 f1.8 and small CF travel tripod.

Also, I will take the waterproof Nikon AW110 for snorkeling/kayaking.

My other lenses are:  Nikon 18-200 VRi (don't like this lens), 50 f1.8, 70-200 f2.8, 105 f2.8 macro, 300 f4 and (old) 80-400.  Would you recommend taking any of these lenses, if so, why?  I love my 70-200 but not sure I would use it in Puerto Rico.   Will the 16-85 be long enough, or should I consider the 18-200? I think I will leave the macro lens home - too big and too much time to set up macro shots.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Terri

http://flickr.com/photos/shufflebird/

terribird's gear list:terribird's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +8 more
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow