Peano - we've lost one of the truly greats

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Allen Gerdes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,117
Like?
Re: Toermalign and brick
In reply to brick33308, 6 months ago

I fully and heartedly agree with both of you about the change in the forum causing us to lose many or our old and knowledgeable retouchers.  I was one of those who was so adamantly against the original changes as I had a feeling that the forum would be adversely diluted by those who only wanted to blow their own whistles and to tout their favorite software.  I also suspected that the ensuing bickering would eventually drive away many of our most cherished members and I believe that I was right.

I also nearly abandoned ship myself, but did not because of the many friendships I had developed here.  Sadly, the Forum is no where near as much fun to participate in as it was before the initial changes....even though we were successful in getting our name returned to the "Retouching Forum", the basic purpose has forever been changed.  I still think that there needs to be a separate forum for the dedicated discussion of software and leave this one to focus primarily on the retouching of the images......but that is just me and I do not want to start a war of words again.  This has been argued over enough already and the owners of the Forum have made it clear that we will not be going back to the old days.

So, I will continue to enjoy my hobby of retouching images, whenever the photographers feel like posting them for our use.  Too bad that we get so few of them anymore.

Regards....Allen

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow