Which would you choose? V1 @ $200 or V2 @ $500

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
iamthenewguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 781Gear list
Like?
V2
In reply to Pootle2, 6 months ago

No contest for me, the V2 is superior in handling to the V1. I shot with the V1 (and loved it) for a year and a half and I've been shooting with the V2 for three quarters of a year now. The V2 isn't perfect, but for me it irons out most of the things that I didn't like about the V1. Mainly, you can quickly (and with one hand) change ISO, WB, Picture control, metering, focus area, and focus type. The built in flash comes in handy (especially when I just have the 10mm on the camera and don't want to bring the SB-N7 along). The PASM dial is nice, although some people don't care for it. Also, the layout of the buttons is better. Mainly, you won't be changing aperture or shutter on accident (happens a lot with the rocker switch on the V1). The grip is nice, I added one to the V1 so it's great that the V2 comes with one standard.

iamthenewguy's gear list:iamthenewguy's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
V2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow