Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,615Gear list
Full moon? Bad weather? What????
10 months ago

Okay, I don't quite understand what is going on, but I can't keep up with the PM's and complaints about rude, insulting behavior and so on.

For some reason, people are a lot more testy than they normally would be, which is affecting most all of the forums that I frequent, including this one.

I don't understand why the FPS topic is so divisive. FPS and buffer size are features, just like any of the other camera features. If you need them, you want them, if you don't, you don't care and maybe you don't understand why someone else would want any given feature.

Video used to be a highly divisive topic, but I can somewhat understand that. I don't understand the issue with FPS and buffer size. These features are not new, they've been around a long time and are features of the best, most expensive cameras that Nikon offers.

Regardless, I don't want to see this forum devolve from what it was not so long ago. Please folks, if you don't understand why a person is doing a given thing or likes a certain feature and want to discuss it, please do so in a non-confrontational manner. If you don't agree with something, the same applies. We are not going to agree on everything. There are a lot of users here, with very diverse interests, wants and needs. Let's take that into account when we post, that there will be others that don't understand or don't agree. That's okay. We are allowed to disagree and question things, that's how we learn and grow. We don't need to do it in a confrontational or snide manner, that's all I'm saying.

That's the way I see it as a moderator of this forum and I don't intend to debate the issue in this thread. However, if you would rather have a more contentious forum, where insults and snide comments are the norm, please send me a PM stating so. If I get enough PM's in that vein, I'll resign as moderator and y'all can do what you want.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +11 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow