Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
brightcolours
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,455
Like?
I missed the "previous posts".
In reply to PSKR, 7 months ago

PSKR wrote:

Hello everyone

First of all i would like to thank everyone for all the help you all have given me in my previous posts in the Canon FF EOS Forums.

Now i have finalized on two cameras and would like to ask a question to everyone and i hope you all will help me decide

Only Nikon fanboys and specsheet readers think the Nikon D610 is comparable to the 5D mk III. In reality the D610 is comparable to the 6D, with the 6D in my opinion being the nicer camera on the whole.

Now i have finalized two camera + lens combinations:

Nikon D610 + Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm F/2.8G ED

Lesser body with a lens with problematic field curvature. Why do you want an FF camera with only a standard zoom? What do you want to do with it/achieve with it?

Canon 5D Mark III + EF 24-105mm F4L IS USM

Best camera body with ok lens, just missed a tad of contrast (not really a problem).

Now i guess the Nikon combo will produce better images,

Why?

but the Canon will have quicker AF

And more accurate AF.

and the 5D3 is a higher grade body than the D610.

Which combination would you suggest and which dyou think will result in better performance and better value for money?

There is also the Canon EF 24-70mm f4 L IS USM and the Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 VS USD.

Is the F/2.8 lens good enough to outweight the advantages of the 5D3

No.

or is the 5D3 a significantly better body than the D610 to outweight the advantages of f/2.8???

No idea, no idea what you actually would need. And you don't seem to know either. If you only are looking at standard zooms, and do not even know if you need to go for f2.8 or if f4 in that range is fine too, my guess is that you would be fine with an EOS 70D + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 OS HSM or a Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 HSM.

Thanks a lot

Prateek.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow