Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,675Gear list
Like?
WHAT'S FUJI UP TO WITH IT'S PRICING ???
8 months ago

I wouldn't call it unusual for a new product line to undergo a few price adjustments. Since the introduction of Fuji's X-Trans Cameras, Fuji's offered a number of price incentives, bundle deals, and rebate & discount programs. These may have been to simply increase sales by luring potential Customers who had been sitting on the fence. As new models have replaced older models, we've seen Fuji drop the price on the older models; nothing wrong with that. And we've seen bloated prices with a newly introduced product, which after a few months drops to a somewhat less bloated price.

But I can't figure out what Fuji is up to now.

In both Canada and Great Britain, through the month of January, Fuji's been offering Customers significant discounts on most of the current models of both cameras and lenses ($100 - 150 each). When January ended, Fuji started a new, even more lavish lens discount program in Canada ($200 each). Beginning February 9th, a similar discount program in the U.S. is rumored to begin.

I'm just puzzled over what's actually going on.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow