Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,552Gear list
Like?
Re: choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7
In reply to cheddargav, 8 months ago

cheddargav wrote:

cheddargav wrote:

The only lenses that would benefit this system, keeping the whole package small would be Leica/m mount lenses. If you can afford these then it's all good, for 95% of people you may as well just buy a small(ish) Canon 6D or Nikon D600 and use those nice big full frame lenses to there full potential.
Fuji offers the best compromise of IQ in a small system
--
www.twitter.com/gavphotography

Not true at all. I find many Leica M lenses overly small on the A7. About perfect are lenses like the Canon FDn 35mm f/2, which is insanely sharp across the frame stepped down on the A7R. Far more resolving power than anything on any APS-C sensor.

Even a less good lens like the Canon FDn 20mm f/2.8 will give you good results across the frame if you step down to f/8 or f/11, below that field curvature is a bit much so it is hard to get across the frame sharpness.

So for $100 on A7R I can get any SLR 35mm f/2.8 which will excel at sharpness across the frame. Throw in a 24mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, and 85mm f/2, and you have a very nice system for not much money in lenses.

Eric

A canon 40 f2.8 is lovely and small mounted on the Canon 6D + I have lovely fast AF to boot, so I'll back my opinion over yours all day...

And I back mine, so what's your point?

You say people should buy a 6D over an A7, and I disagree. I don't think that is a bad choice either, but it definitely isn't a better choice for me.

My point in my initial response to you was for a user wanting to adapt any manual focus 35mm SLR lens the A7/r is the best. Are you saying there is a better full frame system to adapt manual focus lenses (the point of my initial response)?  For wide Leica M lenses the Leica is of course better, but not for any other system lenses.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow