Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gtblackwell
Contributing MemberPosts: 572
Like?
Wish advise on new P7800
10 months ago

To support my local camera shop I ask them to order me a P7800. To my surprise it came as a Nikon kit with a rather descent Nikon carrying case, good fit and will hold an extra battery plus SD's, a three year Nikon warranty, two different Nikon carrying straps in the box  plus the usual stuff . Price the same as Amazon plus local tax but the extra stuff equaled the tax so fine.

I have never owned anything but SLR's or DSLRs but tired of lugging my D300 kit about, lenses, filters, etc. Am 74 with arthritis so this feels right.

So my question, no doubt answered here in many post but what is an ideal set up.  If I get a 40.5mm UV filter and rubber hood I feel it might vignette. Do I get a 40.5 to 58mm adapter then add a good quality UV filter and a rubber hood or it that putting too much on the lens? I will add a polarizer too.

Another filter better? Really want to protect lens and like rubber hoods for same reason. I will be taking it to construction sites .  I basically record work but on occasion might do routine photograpy while traveling light.

Would like to set it up then forget it. Cameras are tools to me, fine tools but not precious. They are important and part of my work.

Any other accessories or ideas?  It is the right size, has all the abilities I need but feels a little plastic like for 550 dollars, not bad, just not what I am use to.

But OA I think it is going to be great for my needs and am very happy with the purchase.

-- hide signature --

NA

Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow