Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian Caslis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,844Gear list
Like?
Re: choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7
In reply to Les Lammers, 6 months ago

Les Lammers wrote:

Westmill wrote:

Just two thoughts from me... Firstly, sharpness comes from the lens not the camera, and Fuji have a few which are exceedingly sharp. If the 35mm is a fave lens then the Fuji 35 is not only great but also affordable !

My second thought is that if you are after a small lighter system then the Sony makes no sense.OK ! the camera may be smaller but the lenses are just the same. My Sigma 50-150 F2.8 which is DX seems heavier on its own than the E1 with 4 lenses and EF42 flash. You can carry a pretty large kit with Fuji with not a lot of weight and in a far smaller bag. You also tend to notice weight less when in a smaller bag

The Sony JPEGs have been panned. The A7 appears to be fine if you have a lot of and like legacy glass. I have found that I prefer modern lenses with digital. Wait until the X-T1 has been out a while and make a decision. I see no reason to jump off a cliff.

Yes the JPEGs have been panned if you read the "forum experts" or DPReview. But if you look at someone who actually tests, like I don't know, Imaging Resource, they say it's the best JPEG engine they have seen (see the conclusion section).

Imaging Resource Sony A7r Test

Brian Caslis's gear list:Brian Caslis's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow