Peano - we've lost one of the truly greats

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Yours was certainly not what I was thinking of ...
In reply to tony brown, 6 months ago

tony brown wrote:

... and I doubt whether one instance would have been the problem.

I was concerned at the continuous stream of spuriously argumentative and disputational, myopic repetition of a single viewpoint. Need I say more? (I wont anyway.)

We all need some downtime occasionally, so perhaps it's as simple as that.

Cheers, Tony.

Even if someone repeats their "viewpoint," that is never a valid excuse to start getting personal, rude and hostile to people. No one is ever forced to reply to anyone or to read a thread or a discussion that doesn't interest them.

The biggest source of arguments and disputes, in any forum, comes from those that are being cynical and ultimately intolerant of other people not only respectfully expressing certain views, but defending them. It reaches a real low point when such people start wolf packing against other members. That's when the mob mentality kicks in.

Unfortunately, most people refuse to say anything and to stand up for what is right. Even worse, in many forums the mob is always right since some sites depend on forum membership to survive. Disgree with the cliques and mobs in any way in such forums and you're history. Shameful.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow