Problem with Sony A7, reflections on the sensor.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,954Gear list
Like?
Re: Problem with Sony A7, reflections on the sensor.
In reply to PRESENZA76, 6 months ago

PRESENZA76 wrote:

Sorry for my English! Sony A7 has this serious problem, you can also check it by clicking F8 to F22. We must point out the problem to Sony who can help me?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

A7 + (adapter Voigtlander) Leica M 21 SEM asph @F11

A7 + Sony-Zeiss FE 35 F2.8 @F11

I have not read the thread, but I have seem images like this before, especially if not removing UV filters at night time. E.g. the E50 on the Nex cameras can produce effects like this.

However, the remedy is simply: lower the exposure. The streetlights are very blown out in these shots, and the image would be fine if the exposure was a lot lower. Perhaps more grain/noise in the shadows when you pull them up, but a far more pleasing picture.

Another technique is to blend the shots in post. Use a tripod if possible, and shoot at different exposures, and then blend them in pp. DRO and HDR techniques can also be combined here.

Below may not be a good example, but it shows that streetlights do not have to blown out, and can be controlled. The last shot is for when you want the star-effect: just stop down, but under-expose.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
5N?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow