choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
cheddargav
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,489Gear list
Like?
Re: choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7
In reply to viking79, 5 months ago

cheddargav wrote:

The only lenses that would benefit this system, keeping the whole package small would be Leica/m mount lenses. If you can afford these then it's all good, for 95% of people you may as well just buy a small(ish) Canon 6D or Nikon D600 and use those nice big full frame lenses to there full potential.
Fuji offers the best compromise of IQ in a small system
--
www.twitter.com/gavphotography

Not true at all.  I find many Leica M lenses overly small on the A7.  About perfect are lenses like the Canon FDn 35mm f/2, which is insanely sharp across the frame stepped down on the A7R.  Far more resolving power than anything on any APS-C sensor.

Even a less good lens like the Canon FDn 20mm f/2.8 will give you good results across the frame if you step down to f/8 or f/11, below that field curvature is a bit much so it is hard to get across the frame sharpness.

So for $100 on A7R I can get any SLR 35mm f/2.8 which will excel at sharpness across the frame.  Throw in a 24mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, and 85mm f/2, and you have a very nice system for not much money in lenses.

Eric

A canon 40 f2.8 is lovely and small mounted on the Canon 6D + I have lovely fast AF to boot, so I'll back my opinion over yours all day...
All the best
--
www.twitter.com/gavphotography

cheddargav's gear list:cheddargav's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow