Your camera's a tool, not a jewel.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
tko
tko
Forum ProPosts: 10,454
Like?
Re: Your camera's a tool, not a jewel.
In reply to wudyi, 10 months ago

He lost me with the Luddite introduction.

"For those of you who are not professionals and take pictures for the love of it, technology is your most formidable opponent. Digital cameras have far too many features for you to become comfortable with, especially if you don’t (and I know you don’t) shoot a couple of hundred pictures a day. Film cameras, on the other hand, had relatively few features which made it very easy to take pictures instead of wasting time on button pressing and menu diving."

Translation. I'm an idiot, so you should be. You not a pro, so don't try hard. Don't strive for quality, just take photos in the easiest way possible, using the dumbest modes possible, and maybe some will turn out.

Wise words to live by -- not.

The average smart phone has more features than a dSLR. Technology is not an opponent, it's an opportunity. And a Nikon pro film camera had just has many features as a modern dSLR, not counting the playback and review features.

wudyi wrote:

I found this good blog post for those of you who aspire to actually take pictures.

A wee bit pretentious, are we not?

Some of us actually have a website, post our images here, and enter the contests. I took a thousand photos yesterday-what have YOU done and where are your photos?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow