Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,271Gear list
Like?
Re: choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7
In reply to Arn, 6 months ago

Arn wrote:

viking79 wrote:

I'll be honest, I didn't read all of that.
Anyway, for what it's worth, here's my take on this dilemma:
If the Sony wasn't full frame you wouldn't consider it because the system is non existent compared to Fuji.
Fuji has the better system and a camera that (on paper) will do a much better job at getting photographs.
Easy decision IMO
Cheers!
--
www.twitter.com/gavphotography

I disagree. The Sony is by far the best mirrorless to use with millions of legacy 35mm lenses. These old FD, OM, etc primes do exceptionally well on their native sensor format.

My point is it is all in your perspective, for some the Sony is best, for others the Fuji or Samsung.

To the OP, I kept the Samsung NX over my XPro1, but new X-T1 looks enticing. I wouldn't get rid of the Samsung until we see the Samsung NX1. The 30mm is maybe closer to the 35mm than you think and much faster focusing.

I don't think I will get rid of my Samsung NX gear in the foreseeable future I Like it. Just about all the lenses and usability of the NX20 are too much fun to pass. Perhaps not the fastest, but fun. World's smallest and lightest AF APS-C fisheye lens, 30/2 pancake, convenient kit zoom with it's very short MFD, good and cheap 12-24, fully articulated LCD of the NX20, etc. I like shooting with that stuff! I'm yet to properly break in my 45/1.8, I'll have to see next what I can do with that. Besides, Samsung is coming up with all that sweet new stuff, like the 16-50/2.0-2.8 and the 16-50 pancake zoom!

I'll have to see how things go, what I'll get to compliment the NX gear. May be X-mount, may be FE. I'm not in a terrible rush, I can take a few months to decide.

What I do really like about the better Fuji stuff (not the X-A1, X-M1, or XC lenses) is that the build quality is very nice on it, especially the lenses.  I do find the build quality slightly lacking on the Samsung NX stuff as well, hopefully the new 16-50mm f/2-2.8 will be a step up.

Agreed too, that a fast wide-standard would be really nice, like a 24mm f/1.4 and even a 35mm f/1.4, 55mm f/1.4 all to go along with the nice 85mm

Eric

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow