Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JH1984
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
D7100/D610 Question
7 months ago

Hi! I currently shoot a Canon 40D. Mainly just family shots, vacations, etc. Most of my home shots are in less than desirable lighting. I also shoot my son's basketball and track events. Finally, my daughter's vocal music events are particularly challenging for me, with trying to shoot black dresses along with spotlighted faces. My lenses are the Canon 17-55 2.8 EF-S for home, travel, general use, and the Canon 100 2.0 for basketball and music events. Regarding general photography, I particularly struggle with outdoors, brightly lit high contrast scenes.

So, in replacing my camera, what I'm looking to improve is low light functionality as well as DR, without a stripped down AF system.

With Canon, in my price range, my choice looks to be either the 70D or the 6D. But, I sacrifice one of my priorities with either choice, and neither offers the DR of Nikon it seems.

On the Nikon side, would it be recommended that I go D7100 or D610? Also, can I get recommendations for a walk-around lens with adequate low light capability and an equivalent of my 100 2.0?

Thanks!

Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Nikon D610 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow