choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
cheddargav
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,490Gear list
Like?
Re: choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7
In reply to viking79, 6 months ago

I'll be honest, I didn't read all of that.
Anyway, for what it's worth, here's my take on this dilemma:
If the Sony wasn't full frame you wouldn't consider it because the system is non existent compared to Fuji.
Fuji has the better system and a camera that (on paper) will do a much better job at getting photographs.
Easy decision IMO
Cheers!
--
www.twitter.com/gavphotography

I disagree. The Sony is by far the best mirrorless to use with millions of legacy 35mm lenses. These old FD, OM, etc primes do exceptionally well on their native sensor format.

My point is it is all in your perspective, for some the Sony is best, for others the Fuji or Samsung.

To the OP, I kept the Samsung NX over my XPro1, but new X-T1 looks enticing. I wouldn't get rid of the Samsung until we see the Samsung NX1. The 30mm is maybe closer to the 35mm than you think and much faster focusing.

Eric

The only lenses that would benefit this system, keeping the whole package small would be Leica/m mount lenses. If you can afford these then it's all good, for 95% of people you may as well just buy a small(ish) Canon 6D or Nikon D600 and use those nice big full frame lenses to there full potential.
Fuji offers the best compromise of IQ in a small system
--
www.twitter.com/gavphotography

cheddargav's gear list:cheddargav's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow