Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phoebe1
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?
Frustrated determining memory card choice
5 months ago

Good Morning. I need to purchase a memory card for my new Nikon D3200. The camera store man practically fell over with laughter when I asked him if the card I was handing him from my Elph camera. The card is a basic type card that only holds 128mb. Barely enough room for 3 tiff images on the new camera. He inserted his larger capacity card of 16gb and that card will hold approx. 500 .tiff images.

When I was at the memory card store I looked for scandisk brand because that is what I'm used to. Found pkg compatible with new camera. Rated for fast speed video also. Something about a class 10 and 30s I think?

Anyway I didn't get them, or any cards at that moment because I'm not sure abou comparability with my MacBook Pro 13inch (at least 2 yrs old) but running Maverick. In ckg web I have come across many posts about issues with memory cards and I can't find anything that confirms best type card for noth my new camera and my trusty Mac. Anyone have the definitive answer?

(It's two for one at Costco where I'm visiting, don't have one in my town. Unbelievable deal and I'd like to take advantage before I leave today )

Regards,
P

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow