What is your idea of "the lens gap?"

Started 8 months ago | Polls thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,869Gear list
Like?
Re: What is your idea of "the lens gap?"
In reply to Marty4650, 8 months ago

Marty4650 wrote:

There is absolutely no shortage of lenses for M4/3. I recently counted 72 lenses being sold with native M4/3 lens mounts (22 of which were manual focus lenses, the rest being auto focus.) No other MILC camera brand comes even remotely close to the vast array of lenses available for the M4/3 system.

That being said, there is also a huge amount of duplication in the lens catalog. Like having twelve different normal zoom lenses, and a real shortage of very long lenses. So there still are gaps in the lens catalog for people who need certain types of lenses.

Which of the following "missing lens types" would you want the most? Which would be your highest priority?

Thanks!

I would like Tamron and Sigma to weigh in with reasonably priced 2.8 zooms ... the Panny zooms are very nice, but way too expensive ...

I also agree on the need for 28-300 equivalent travel zooms. And let's make them fast ... f/3.5 to f/5.6 at worst ....

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
TomNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow