:-)) Sunday Cat! #331 February 2, 2014 ((-:

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
K1W1 55
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
A couple of cats from my youth probably about 40 years gone
In reply to robert j, 5 months ago

I have been messing about copying some old slides, I thought I would see what I could do with an old OM slide copier which was designed to mount onto the OM bellows However my 80mm bellows lens wasn't suitable at FourThirds for this purpose so I decided to see what I could do with the 35mm macro. I made up a mounting using some rails and spacers and behold it works well and much quicker than a scanner

These slides were not looked after, they spent many years in a darkroom with a leaking roof so they have dirt and moulds of some sort on them. It seems too the memories of how good slides were is much rosier than comparison with modern images would prove too as slow slide films meant apertures used weren't really the best for sharpest images plus viewed differently upon a  computer screen rather than projected, not finding the love. Many of my exposures left a lot to be desired too I see, some seem to have changed colours too, mainly Agfa ones, some are almost sepia like. Mind you in the day I really only used medium format (ahh Rolleiflex and RB67) for "real" photos and the 35mm only came out for back-up and casual photos.

The first couple would have been from early to mid 70's Sandy the orange cat we had for nearly 20 years and poor long suffering Tiger was carted around a lot in my sisters dolls pram

The last one is my supervisor confirming I had been using an acceptable set-up.

Brits are like dogs in that they must inspect and supervise basically everything you do and follow you around to do it.

-- hide signature --

Some Slideshows of a wee bit of my work, more to be added if I ever sort out my music rights issues.
http://www.youtube.com/user/truder55/videos

K1W1 55's gear list:K1W1 55's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow