Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,396Gear list
Like?
Night Work with the Fuji X-E2
7 months ago

I have no idea when this gas station was built. It is made of brick and petrified wood. It has been abandoned for years. It is truly a work of art. Hard to believe no one has stepped in to save it. It is beginning to give way to weather and time.

The roof is gone and the structure is totally open to the elements and anyone passing by. No graffiti at all. It is from another era. As I stood looking at this old building I couldn't help but wonder what it must have looked like in its prime.

I wanted to shoot it at night with the stars in the sky and the interior lit by some of my LED devices. I used the 18mm f/2 for this shot. 13 seconds, f/4 at ISO 800. The exterior was lit with another hi-power LED with a amber filter over it.

Best to view the larger version...

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow