Should I go RAW only?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
LeeStar
Regular MemberPosts: 310Gear list
Like?
Re: Should I go RAW only?
In reply to IGotShot, 10 months ago

Well, you know, I prefer to shoot both for everyday  purposes.  The RAW are like my negatives and get saved into a special folder on my computer.  The best shots I want to work on are then available for me.  The shots mixed in of Aunt Berta and her parakeet, well, I just want to do a quick upload to Facebook.  For those having a jpeg from the camera is quick and easy.   On the other hand, if I'm going on a trip specifically or mainly to do photography, I usually shoot only RAW.  But then the idea of batch processing gives me the hives.  I must do each image individually, to get the exact look that I want for that specific one.

Lee

-- hide signature --

"Above all, we are coming to understand that the arts incarnate the creativity of a free people. When the creative impulse cannot flourish, when it cannot freely select its methods and objects, when it is deprived of spontaneity, then society severs the root of art."
— John F. Kennedy

LeeStar's gear list:LeeStar's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C300 Kodak EasyShare Z650 Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LazyNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow