Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jopezu
Regular MemberPosts: 232Gear list
Like?
a few questions about the nikon sb-700
10 months ago

1) why is there a color filter menu setting? the included filters are auto-detected by the way they connect to the contacts, but what is the point of setting it to the other selectable colors in the menu? does it affect the flash performance in any regard, or show up in exif data?

2) the volume setting appears to do nothing. my flash makes no tones/beeping at all even after multiple contiguous firing. does the flash only start to sound after dumping at full power or after it actually needs to recharge? i've only used it to a max of 1/4 power.

3) regardless of the ev stepping selection, choosing either 1 stop or 1/3 stop increments affects nothing. it seems that manual output selection remains in 1/3 incremental mode regardless of this setting. does this setting only affect ttl modes?

additionally, it is perplexing how little flash info seems to be in exif data. all i've ever seen is "flash fired" or "did not fire". it would be seriously helpful if output power and timing info were included.

thanks guys!

-- hide signature --
 jopezu's gear list:jopezu's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow