choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,719Gear list
Like?
Re: choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7
In reply to Arn, 8 months ago

the 55/1.8 reviews for a Sony Zeiss, all of the sudden, made many people previously dismissing the Sony, to start looking at it again.    that and a 36MP A7r that is being sold used already for $2K (it took D800 about 2 years to get to that mark used).   Sounds good right.

Here is my analysis.   After trying it each way, I know I like my lenses to have AF.   I just do.   So far Sony came out with 28-70 which is a failure according to all reviews (Someone above me wrote all Sony lenses are Oh LA LA.   Well the 28-70 is no Oh LA LA).    So the 55 is great.   Excellent.

Do you shoot any portraits?  I do, a lot.    Today if you grab a Sony, do they have any fast AF lens in 85-135mm focal lengths?   Zero.    With Fuji at least you have 60/2.4, and the end of 18-55/ at 4, and 56/1.2 is coming soon.

AF speed.  Are you a street shooter?  The consensus seems to suggest that Fuji AF on current bodies is significantly better.   Perhaps Sony will make AF better on future bodies as well.

For me, Sony needs to show a serious commitment to actually release SEVERAL quality lenses before I start looking their way.   55 is a nice start I agree.

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow