choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Westmill
Contributing MemberPosts: 554Gear list
Like?
Re: Your priorities are the ones that count..... for me, I'd consider....
In reply to Macintosh Sauce, 8 months ago

Macintosh Sauce wrote:

That's the same impression I get about Sony. I'm kind of leery investing my money in a company that does that.

Fujifilm, from everything I've read online, is a company that actually cares about their products and their customers. They strive for continual improvement, as evidenced by the firmware they release for their cameras/lenses. Plus, I love that they actually publish a lens roadmap, so you can plan out your lens purchases more easily.

I am buying my first digital ILC. Yep. Shot film (Fujifilm) and then moved to a digital P&S. Time to step up to a real camera. This is why I'm going to get the X-T1. Initially, I was going to get the X-E2, but the X-T1 is what I've wanted in a mirrorless camera.

So, I'm jumping into the Fujifilm camp after evaluating Micro 4/3, FF, and other APS-C cameras. Can't wait to get the X-T1!

I can not help but agree totally here. Fujis commitment to improving even there older models is truly a breath of fresh air. I bought the E1 when it first appeared. Yet it is now twice the camera it once was. Far Far more than just ironing out bugs. The E1 has been vastly improved over time. The other thing that stands out above all others is what a sheer joy it is to use. I have had many great cameras over the years but when it comes to nothing but sheer pleasure then there has been nothing that comes close to using the Fuji. All its faults seem to have no meaning once you start using it for what its made for. Taking great images !  

Westmill's gear list:Westmill's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7100 Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow