Xpro1 has dropped in price, would you buy Xpro1 over XT1?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,787Gear list
Like?
Xpro1 has dropped in price, would you buy Xpro1 over XT1?
6 months ago

The Xpro1 has dropped in price a bit, not much but now is at 999 in amazon. i did love how the Xpro1 feels on my hands, specially with bigger manual focus lenses.

I don't do fast action shooting, so i really don't require the camera to be "faster" than my existing Fuji S5 Pro. By the way, is the Xpro1 faster than the S5 Pro??? I was wondering that.

Still, no one knows how the skin tones of the XT1 will perform in high iso, and i am still waiting to find out. I personally did not like the feel of the XE1/2 on my hand, but by just looking at the XT1 grip i am going to guess it will feel "better". Any way, the XT1 is a bit more expensive either way.

With this new technology from fuji, how many (actual Xpro1 owners) would say NOT to buy a Xpro1 anymore? Again, please consider that i don't require a fast action camera. I get the feeling that if the Xpro1 drops in price just a bit more, in the end, i might just choose the Xpro1 over the XT1 for IQ alone, assuming the XT1 skin tones will come out mest up too.

What's your opinion?

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow