choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
John M Roberts
Senior MemberPosts: 1,614Gear list
Like?
Re: The lenses for FF ML could be smaller than SLR's
In reply to Chrisd999, 10 months ago

Hundminen wrote:

My $0.02; Last year I dumped my D800 and heavy lenses, and switched to the Fuji X-E1, and some great XF lenses, and I have no regrets at all. As a bit of a gear junkie, I did lust for the A7r for a while, since it has that great sensor in a small form factor. But even though the A7/A7R camera body is small, FF lenses will always be larger

Do they have to be larger? If they can make the Leica M lenses small for full frame then I would think with out the mirror, requiring retro focus adjustments in design for SLR's, that auto focus and IS would be the only thing causing the lens more bulk which would still be smaller than SLR lenses.

I'm not willing to give up on my D800e yet and I do have the X-E1 for compact needs. If the lenses for the A7r could be of what I mentioned then I think I would lean for more MP capture. But as you say, if I have to end up using the same sized lenses as my Nikon, forget it. Having just a smaller body only won't cut it.

and more expensive than equivalent APS-C lenses of the same speed (aperture), and I didn't want to get back into a bag full of heavy lenses again. The first batch of Sony/Zeiss FE lenses may be reasonably sized to match the smaller body but these are all much slower lenses, so for me they offer no real advantage over the Fuji X system.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow