Problem with Sony A7, reflections on the sensor.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Diacyclops81
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Re: 5N?
In reply to ProfHankD, 6 months ago

So, to summarize, these spots appear to be worst on A7 but also present on A7r, NEX 6 and 5N and even Nikons which use the Sony sensors. They are not lens dependent, but are caused by light from bright specular sources evidently interacting with materials that lie over the sensor. They are not the same as the white orbs that affected some Fuji sensors in the past.  Correct?  And it appears the optical issues are within the acceptable limits of Sony's standards, at least so far, eh?

I am curious whether these phenomena occur in other current mirrorless cameras...Fuji, Olympus, Panasonic, etc.  Could some of you with these other cameras attempt to provoke the phenomenon?  I only have a couple 5Ns and I am going to try to look at it this evening using a couple different lenses.  Aside from the Leica pics included on this thread, which looks pretty immune, are other sensor sizes and types also plagued or are they symptom free???

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
5N?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow