Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ulfie
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,153
Like?
Legacy lens(es) & adapter compromise(s)
6 months ago

To partially appease the nagging and chronic G.A.S. demons, I recently got a mint-condition, legacy Minolta MD 50/1.7 lens and new Rainbowimaging Fotasy MD-->m4/3's adapter both off Fleabay.  In no way did I have to mortgage the house for these.  The lens is in mint condition and the adapter fits perfectly and functions as it should even at infinity focus.  No problems there.  Below are two images taken earlier today in bright, sunny light.  The compromise is that focusing on my Oly E-PL1's low-resolution screen is not a piece of cake.  (I have no EVF.)  I tried guestimating the distance on the lens' distance scale (Remember those?) and then tried to fine tune the focus using the screen.  Not easy.  In 19 shots at varying distances I found I had 6 keepers.  Of course the solutions would be (1) get an add-on EVF or body with one built in or a high-res screen or (2) get an autofocus lens.  But that would ruin the fun of it all, and let the G.A.S. demons sink their talons further into my bank balance.

What is your experience and take on such a legacy lens-adapter adventure?  ulife

Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow