Df viewfinder

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom Nokin
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Re: Df viewfinder
In reply to Alpha Tech, 9 months ago

This is hilarious!

NO EFV today comes even close to any optical viewfinder, regardless of whether it is a real pentaprism or a mirrorbox. The only advantage of an EVF is white balance appearance. In terms of brightness, sharpness, resolution, ... the optical viewfinder is far far ahead of any EFV, the last time I checked with Sony Alpha 77R, Sony Nex 7, Olympus OM D, Fuji ...

Posts like this are all! from mirrorless-camera-fanboys. What is the point of this nonsenses?

Also, as of today I would argue, that at least 95 percent of professional work is done with cameras with an optical viewfinder, including middle format cameras. And that is for a reason.

I am not saying, that one day, if and when resolution of EFV will step up significantly, EFV might become an alternative, but as of today, with a maximum 1,400.000 viewfinder resolution, it is several magnitudes short.

So get yourself a DSLR and if you see no difference, go see your eyedoctor.

BTW: Most of the mirroless-EFV-system-camera-companies will be out of business in due time. Most of them are not making money, mind you. Pitty, but true.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow