What is your idea of "the lens gap?"

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
CharlesTokyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 704Gear list
Like?
Re: What is your idea of "the lens gap?"
In reply to Marty4650, 7 months ago

Marty4650 wrote:

Which of the following "missing lens types" would you want the most? Which would be your highest priority?

Thanks!

I voted for the last option. I think the m43s lineup is pretty good for me at the moment. I was waiting for a smaller/cheaper 25mm. The Oly is still a bit bigger than I was hoping for, but it works.

I guess I'd like a 10mm prime. I'm pretty happy with my 9-18mm, but I would mine a sealed wide zoom, slower aperture, but very high quality. Other than that, telephotos and teleconverters seems to be missing. 150 and 300mm lenses with 1.4x and 2x as a telephoto pro zoom would fill out a lot of the holes.

I'd like a shift lens, but I'm not as wild about the tilt part. Larger format cameras need the tilt to get more in focus which I generally don't have a problem with. I'm not so interested in make landscapes look like miniature models. I'd like to correct verticals.

An updated 20mm with faster focusing too.

CharlesTokyo's gear list:CharlesTokyo's gear list
Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
TomNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow