Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
compositor20
Senior MemberPosts: 1,599
Like?
Wedding with A57 and A77
10 months ago

This was our first paid wedding (we had paid christening and another training wedding before).

You can go here

www.artefoto7.com/raquelpedro

Done with Sony A57 and A77. It was mostly photographed by my wife, since I was doing the Video (only a few bride shots and at the sunset couple's session +- more or less half the shots are mine (+ all the exterior night shots are mine)), and she has an art & crafts degree.

Would like to have at least one Full Frame, but Sony doesn´t have a cheap option like Canon or Nikon (the main reason is to use Sigma 75-200 where 75 is a true 75 since on aps-c is a little bit long and at 300mm equiv., camera shake is sometimes a problem, but I really like this lens to blur the background). High iso natural life was a problem with the church shots (iso 3200 max with correct exposure is not enough).

Would a Ff make an aesthetical difference on those photos (colours,contrast,DR)?

We have made an extensive research/practice, but the there are many things that could only be learned on the field. So are those any good?

Lens used Tamron 17-50 2.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Sigma 75-200 2.8-3.5 - Flash Sony Fl-58AM used on the cerimony (yes it overheated, so I bought a Metz 52- Af-1 that is much more resilient to that problem). Used reflector on the couples sunset session, and softbox at night.

It was very stressing, and light at midday/noon wasn´t cooperating, so some had flash for fill but I didn´t like to use it... In this wedding I did some of pur the best bride and groom solo, church and couple shots from all the summer weddings (strangely since it was the first one...), however the guest shots were some of the weak we have done (its difficult when you can´t drag all bridal party to where you want it just because there is better light there). To have photojournalistic shots is difficult, specially if you don´t have a real 70-200 or a second body, and you know lighting isn´t cooperating so you get unmotivated.

All the post process was done in Capture One 7.

Which is the best photo on the gallery?

C and C welcome (about posing, framing and specially post-processing).

Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow