What is your idea of "the lens gap?"

Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,373Gear list
Like?
Re: What is your idea of "the lens gap?"
In reply to Marty4650, 6 months ago

Marty4650 wrote:

Which of the following "missing lens types" would you want the most? Which would be your highest priority?

I voted for long prime telephotos. A400mm would be great! But I also agree with the 100mm-ish macro.

That said, instead of waiting for or bewailing the lack of native M4/3 lenses I'd like to see, I chose to adapt existing manual lenses. So, the lenses that I have (and actually use) in the long lens department are mainly AI-S Nikons. 105mm f2.8 macro, 200mm f4 IF macro, 300mm f4.5 EDIF. I'm actually quite happy with them. All are excellent quality. Those three together (including lens adaptors) cost less than ONE of the native "pro" zooms.

If we ever see comparable native lenses, I can always choose to sell them. OR…

Plan B is to use them with a mirrorless FF camera once a model appears that I like. I've got a bunch of primes  from 20mm to 300mm ready to go. Sony A7 v.2.0? Maybe…

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
TomNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow