Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Springfield81
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
A worthy successor to the MkII
2 months ago

I have waited almost a year before writing this review, during which time I have taken over 11,000 pictures with it. The camera is a little daunting at first as it has so many feature to learn. The first and most impressive is the auto focus system. It took me some time and the assistance of a training video to master the system but I have to say that it is so worthwhile. The focus system is awesome. I have used it for many types of shot and it has proved to be very accurate and reliable.

The metering and white balance have also proved very good. I have adjusted some of the noise and other picture settings as I prefer to make these adjustment when processing rather than in camera. The build quality is very good, better than the MkII.

I have to say that generally the image quality is only very marginally better than the MkII except in low light. However the much improved auto focus and other features do make it possible to get shots that the MkII would not.

I thought long and hard before buying this camera, but I am very glad that I did.

Springfield81's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow