Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,653Gear list
Like?
Help: Difference between D7000 manual settings in Liveview Video and Stills
8 months ago

For the first time this past week, I shot some videos with manual Nikon lenses, mostly an 85mm f2.0 Nikon AiS. I shoot in tight rehab clinics, mostly with an 11-16 Tokina, and talking heads with a Tamron 28075mm f2.8 XR Di.

I tried to test video aperture settings with stills before shooting video with Liveview. But I could not do that. The stills were always underexposed if shot through the pentaprism/mirror, but not when framed and shot through Liveview.

I had the program knob set to M (manual) and the AF-M switch on the lens mount to M. And yet, it seemed that no matter how I dialed the aperture settings in Liveview, Liveview seemed to be on automatic.

The videos came out wonderful. But I cannot explain why I could not get the aperture and speed settings to function the same in both stills and video/

I am embarrassed to admit that I have been shooting videos with 2 D7000s for 2+ years and never noticed this because I never tried to test settings through the OVF for the LCD.

Cam you explain what I'm missing? Thanks in advance!

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow