Contemplation on a Crystal Afternoon - SX50 with plenty of sunshine

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,571Gear list
Like?
Re: Contemplation on a Crystal Afternoon - SX50 with plenty of sunshine
In reply to Hollander, 7 months ago

Hollander wrote:

Ed first of all thank you so much for going out in the cold so you can show us some wonderful winter pictures. As said before I too love the picture of the ice shards.

As I mentioned in my replies above, there were so many designs in the ice to explore, it was a great experience. This image was my favorite of the "explosions" going on around me.

I bet having a beautiful sunny day was a real bonus for you to go out and enjoy the day outing.

The color of the sky was an unbelievable blue and the deep yellow light from the bright sun made it a perfect day for shooting in the ice and snow. The color of the sun was able to eliminate most of the unnatural blue shadows one usually finds under such conditions.

Great eagle shot Ed. I too am complaining that they are always so far away.

Once I saw how far out the solid ice extended, I knew the eagles probably wouldn't be coming close to the shore. Good thing for the SX50's long reach. It was making the other photographers out at the point a little jealous when they looked at my LCD.

Thank you again for sharing the pictures with us.

Thank you Rob for looking and your thoughts.

Ed

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow