Started 5 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,575Gear list
Like?
What is your idea of "the lens gap?"
5 months ago

There is absolutely no shortage of lenses for M4/3. I recently counted 72 lenses being sold with native M4/3 lens mounts (22 of which were manual focus lenses, the rest being auto focus.) No other MILC camera brand comes even remotely close to the vast array of lenses available for the M4/3 system.

That being said, there is also a huge amount of duplication in the lens catalog. Like having twelve different normal zoom lenses, and a real shortage of very long lenses. So there still are gaps in the lens catalog for people who need certain types of lenses.

Which of the following "missing lens types" would you want the most? Which would be your highest priority?

Thanks!

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +5 more
POLL
I would want more weather sealed lenses to use with the three weather sealed cameras already available.
12.6% 22  votes
I want a much longer prime lens, for wildlife, birding and nature photography. Something like a 200mm, 300mm or 400mm lens.
44.6% 78  votes
I would like a tilt and shift lens, for architectural photography
9.1% 16  votes
I would like a travel zoom lens with a greater range than the current 10X ones. Maybe something like a 15X zoom lens.
2.3% 4  votes
I'd like a really wide lens. Maybe a 4mm or 5mm lens.
5.7% 10  votes
The fast primes are great, but I'd like to see more fast zoom lenses. Faster than f/2,8 if possible,
13.7% 24  votes
I'd like to see something else not listed here, and I will describe what I want in my reply.
12.0% 21  votes
  Show results
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
TomNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow