can we please get automatic hyperlinks and appropriate dialog actions?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,371Gear list
Like?
can we please get automatic hyperlinks and appropriate dialog actions?
5 months ago

This is a web forum. So when I paste a properly formatted hyperlink into a page I expect to get a live link out of it. Instead, I get text.

To fix that, I always have to reselect the link, mouse over and press the link button, paste the hyperlink into the "link" box and finally mouse over to the button that creates the link, because dialogs on this site do not set a default action for the enter key, except perhaps "post prematurely."

The appropriate behaviour is to default to a live link. If I really meant the link as text only, an undo should turn it to a text only field. A second undo removes it entirely. This is fairly standard behaviour in editors that support smart actions and it would dramatically increase the efficiency of this editor.

The appropriate behaviour for dialogs is to set the correct field up (in the link box, a hyperlink in the clipboard should be inserted as the link, not the text, which is optional after all ... it is done the wrong way on this editor) and set up a default action. For example, clicking the button for a link should populate the link field (not the text field as already discussed) and set up "create link" as the default action. That way, one can click the button and hit enter and the link is pasted correctly.

You need multiple efficient ways of doing things in a real editor as people all do things a little differently. But no one appreciates clunky interfaces that force many mouse moves, clicks and keys to get something this simple accomplished.

Again ... these are standard behaviours that are missing from this editor, making it look a lot like a project as opposed to the WYSIWYG editor on the world's most popular photography site.

-- hide signature --
 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow