Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dacrema
Contributing MemberPosts: 566
Like?
D600 and Landscapes
6 months ago

It has been really cold for the Washington DC area so I visited Great Falls Park (VA side) to work on my landscape photography.  I come to the D600 from a D300 - sensor cleaning aside not to many issues with the switch. Lets not get into the cleaning discussion here please.  I used a tripod for most of the shots and either the kit Nikon 24-85 or an older Sigma 120 - 300 lens.  I liked having the virtual horizon on this camera and could have used a remote cable release.  The sun was brighter than expected (it was supposed to be a cloudy day) so the exposures are not as long as I would have wished.  I am having a little trouble with my ball head (AcraTec) coming loose and causing some shaking.  Am I shooting at to high a f stop?  I wanted maximum DOF so used higher numbers.  For those using that type of ball head, is it ok to use something like Permatex Antiseize on the screw?

link to pictures in gallery.  Don't want to put everyone asleep.

Thanks in advance.  This is and always will be a hobby not a day job.

D600, 122mm, ISO 100, WB full sun, f18, 1/320 sec

Nikon D300 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow