is the earth really that round?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
eazizisaid
Regular MemberPosts: 124Gear list
Like?
Re: is the earth really that round?
In reply to bigwigthebig, 10 months ago

bigwigthebig wrote:

Ok, I'm an amateur with an NEX-5R and a kit lens and really only take pictures of my family hiking and backpacking. I do want to get better, though, and I guess I can only do that with some feedback. This picture was taken in Raw and then processed in Lightroom 4. I have a few questions:

Is the earth really that round or is something going on with my camera?

When shooting RAW, the camera doesn't correct the distortion of the lens like when you shoot Jpegs, you have to do that manually under the Correction lens profile in Lightroom

What is up with the purple circles on the knee of the boy closest to the camera?

I'de say moire

Do you have any suggestions on things I could do to take better pictures or process better?

Learn, there's ton of tutorials in youtube, try Mike Browne ! His videos are simple and very usefull. For Lightroom, watch Serge Ramelli's tutos !

Does the NEX-5r just always underexpose pictures? I've never taken one in raw that I didn't have to bump up a bit in processing.

Same thing here with my F3

eazizisaid's gear list:eazizisaid's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Leica APO-Summicron-M 90mm f/2 ASPH Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow