ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben O Connor
Contributing MemberPosts: 834Gear list
Like?
Mission Snowflake (XZ-1 vs E-PM1)
9 months ago

Hello Folks,

Its a great morning, slightly warmer (only -10, which was -18 during the week... celcius by the way.) And it was snowing after two weeks. Perfect time to catch some snowflakes. Since I´ve seen that Russian dude,

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/12/02/homemade-rig-captures-extreme-macro-shots-of-snowflakes?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_3_22

(who brings the level to mount everest) I was also into macros. Hence I got a raynox dcr-250 for my 40-150zoom lens. So here they are.

Can be better by using tripod, a small LED torch..etc. But it was cold.

Has been a while since I taken fotos by my XZ-1. So I just got wanted to give a chance to my "old pistol" It also bring out nice supermacros. And actually Its way easy to achieve smilar footage with it. Its lens is barely touching the subject so more confortable than handheld.. And apeture was easy to handle. I was making F 22 on 40-150, which brings more area focused, but then shutter get slower... and around the F 5,6 its so hard to stay still... 1mm you move (to any direction!) and you are out of your focus zone !!!

Talked a lot, sorry here is the XZ-1 super macro snowflake,

Not so bad... well its GREAT I THINK. Without any addition just by itself!!!!

The cams that I used, both cameras got their "2.nd" generation already. And XZ-2 is 199€ here !!! Hmm should I buy

Aaron stop mee

Regards to all from 65 degrees north! (where Oulu / Finland locates)

Ben

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow