ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lillefot
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
Ricoh GR to complement my Sony RX100?
7 months ago

Hello,

I've had several cameras over the last few years, both FF and APS-C, as well as having GAS.

At this point I just want something I can bring with me, and still be able to do post-processing in Lightroom. I have lately almost exclusively used the Sony RX100, the NEX sees little use.

I shoot social occasions/vacations, streets, architecture, people, flowers, cat portraits and a bit of landscape/nature.

I always thought I preferred ~50mm FF focal length. I tried Fuji X100, but somehow never liked the 35mm focal length. I thought I wanted something more narrow. But Lightroom tells me 28mm-equivalent is the most used one on the RX100.

What I do miss with the RX100 is occasionally having a bigger sensor for less low light noise and PP cropping, better image quality on some flower close ups and quicker autofocus. But still want to be able to always bring the camera with me.

I'm considering selling the NEX-gear I never use. I might then even upgrade to RX100 mk 2.

Based on what my need is, do you think a Ricoh GR can complement the Sony RX100  (or mk 2) for me?

Any input is appreciated.

-Regards Gina

-- hide signature --
 Lillefot's gear list:Lillefot's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +2 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow